Sustainability is a strategy of SPANOS Group and a core value that governs all the activities of the company. We see carbon footprint reduction as both a necessity and a business opportunity. Our commitment to sustainable development is reflected in our principles, guides our business activities, and perfectly characterizes the new product line of ECOBATCH® concrete batching plants.
The ECOBATCH® range incorporates 30 years of know-how and latest technologies globally available, thus making it the most advanced batching plant in the market, with the lowest energy consumption per m3 of concrete produced and an optimized environmental footprint, resulting to low CO2 emissions.
ECOBATCH® is an energy saving & productivity improvement concrete plant system, designed and developed by SPANOS Group, that combines:
- Faster aggregates feeding through conveyor belts with IC-controlled (inverter) electromotors without the use of holding hopper
- Smart powders, water, and additives dosing methodology
- Smoother, faster, and more effective mixing due to gradual feeding sequence of all recipe components, resulting to optimum homogenization, and high-quality ready-mix concrete
- Faster and more efficient mixer discharge, due to reduced discharge gate size and shorter/slightly inclined discharge hopper, enhancing total mixing time and eliminating maintenance & cleaning
- Smaller total installation space needed & lower structure (compared to belt-holding hopper plants)
- Ergonomic control cabin location with integrated electrical panel, requiring significantly shorter cabling of the plant components
- Reduced water quantity for mixer cleaning, by using part of the weighed water to clean the mixer during production of each batch. (optional)
Following a series of measurements at several conventional plants, performed with a special device developed by Spanos,
and at various batch outputs, the results prooved higher productivity, higher quality of ready mixed concrete, lower power used,
and less energy consumption of the ECOBATCH®.
A twofold LCA (Life Cycle Assessment) supports the sustainable environmental performance of the ECOBATCH® through its life
cycle and the outstanding energy & productivity performance during use-phase.
Before installation of each ECOBATCH® plant, SPANOS provides a detailed environmental footprint table.
ECOBATCH® by SPANOS is patended with Nr. OBI 1010334
(for the Greek version click here ECOBATCH_BROCHURE_GR)