SPANOS Group completed the commissioning of a revolutionary RAP processing system of CAMS Srl. in Thessaloniki-Greece.
The plant consists of a primary shredder, a 2-deck vibrating screen, a secondary grinder as well as a second screen.
This special configuration enables the processing of nr. 2 reclaimed asphalt fractions (0-6 & 6-12) + over, and has the possibility to operate either in closed circuit or with a 3rd selection.
The key advantages of the system are the following:
- Separation of RAP agglomerates
- Effective abruption of reclaimed bitumen from the aggregates
- Controlled grinding of reclaimed aggregates in order to avoid the increase of filler (fine dust) on processed RAP
- Maximum Contol of Grain Size Analysis of processed RAP &
- Significant enrichment of RAP on reclaimed bitumen content